Students are considered to be the future of a country. Their health will have to be nurtured to make them power house that a country requires to progress.
With this philosophy in mind Vivekananda College puts maximum focus on sports activities and encourages students to participate and excel in a variety of games and sports that are organized regularly in our college. The College provides facilities for Athletics, Hockey, Cross country, Football, Netball and Volleyball. Our students have participated in State level, National and Inter University level tournaments and made the college proud The college conducts extra-murals where teams from different colleges/institutions are invited to participate. A zestful sports day and intra-murals competitions are organized every year, where college students, teachers and non-teaching staff participate in various sports with enthusiasm.
- 2017-2018: A total of 15 students participated in national level sports events. 5 of these got awarded at National level events. The sporting events that were covered are – Hockey, Marathon, Floorball and Yoga.
- 2018-2019: A total of 52 students participated in state and national level sports events. 19 of these got awarded at State and National level events. The sporting events that were covered are – Hockey, Cross Country, Athletics, Archery, Football, Netball and Softball.
- 2019-2020: A total of 30 students participated in state and national level sports events. 13 of these got awarded at State and National level events. The sporting events that were covered are – Hockey, Archery and Netball.
Activities undertaken by Sports committee:
- 6 students in netball and 2 students in softball were sent for intervarsity Trails held in Delhi.
- 2 students from Archery participated in Khelo India National championship and Senior National Championship.
- Hockey turf was made functional with 12 students coming regularly for practice from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30a.m.
- A space was earmarked for yoga practice and 10 students are coming regularly for morning practice from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- A newly constituted handball team with 10 members are regular with evening practice from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Handball ground is marked in the space between running track.
- 8 members of athletics team are regular with morning practice from 7:30a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Sports committee has identified the place to setup badminton court and volleyball court and will create the facility in the month of April, 2022.
- After practice diet for sports students was regularized from the month of March, 2022. Sports committee after thorough discussion has designed a balanced diet menu with each students getting 3 item meal (1 energy drink, I meal and I fruit) to replenish the necessary nutrition.
- Sports room facility with lockers and changing room was made functional from March, 2022.