Vivekananda College organized extension activities with the objective of sensitizing students about social issues and contributing to the community.
- The Social Outreach and Community Development Committee (SOCDC), Vivekananda College, collaborated with DLSA. Members are engaged in the online 'Saarthi: Ek Ache Kal Ke Liye initiative' to support students from nearby slum areas. With the concept of "Each One Teach One", it organizes a platform for the under resourced children to interact with a teacher/mentor. SOCDC conducted regular educational camps, distributed dry ration and organized legal, health and environmental awareness programs for slums. "Be Your Own Lakshmi " shared insights with the women participants about the basics of financial concepts. A three-day program titled „Project Shakti‟. Educational camp for 50+ slum students and a Cloth Donation drive was organized. DLSA - SODC organized an awareness programme on Coronavirus, a Health Camp-Cum-Legal Awareness Programme and a rally on „ Beat The Plastic for the Jhilmil Slum areas. Project "Hum" tries to uplift the marginalized sections of society.
- Enactus organized an exclusive webinar on "Skill, Entrepreneurship Development And Employability Opportunity" to create awareness about entrepreneurship and employability opportunities. The fundraiser event- azal was also organized.
- NSS, Vivekananda College organized film screening on Child Trafficking, Tiger Conservation, Kargil Vijay Divas, Paper Bag Campaign, Tree Plantation, Workshop on First Aid Techniques and CPR, Mental Health, Breast Cancer Awareness, Health Talk on Eradicate Smokeless Tobacco, Umeed –Ek Kiran (Drug Addiction), Swachhta Pakhwada, Impact of Food Choices on Our Health, Our Environment and Animals, Cancer Prevention and Palliative Care, Clean India Drive & Cloth Donation Drive. NSS organized a workshop on Road Safety. NSS trained students for the "Teach India Project” in association with Teach India Group. NSS organized a "Keep India Clean" rally and a campaign called "Mashaal" on social awareness. The NSS along with the Delhi Police and Lions Club organized a Self Defense Camp and visited the slums (Raen Basera) to donate food, clothes, books, etc.
- WDC focuses on empowerment and internal complaints committee looks into issues of sexual harassment and mental health of women. WDC organized student presentations and lectures on “Women empowerment.”
- The college developed a long-term collaboration with two organizations - Slum Swaraj Foundation (education) and delhi state legal services authority (DLSA). An introductory session for "Light De Literacy" (NGO for slum literacy & child empowerment was conducted
- Under Electoral literacy program several competitions, a NUKKAD NATAK and electoral awareness week was organised. The NUKKAD NATAK was performed where the children of the Jhilmil colony actively participated.
- National seminar on “Environment And Urban Ecosystem: From Individual To Ecological” and poster-making competition called “Forest and Livelihood: Sustaining People and Planet” was organised by eco club.
- Vidya Vistar committee collaborated successfully with government model college, Assam to help the institution in developing capacity of the institution.
- The Covid Task Force of college developed advisories, facilitated on-campus RTPCR COVID 19 testing facility, and organized webinars.
Through these various extension activities, students have become more responsible towards society and its issues and thus facilitate holistic development.