Vivekananda college being an all-women college is fully dedicated towards empowering young women:
- College has instituted various committees such as WDC, NSS, Internal Complaints Committee and Counselling Cell to deal specifically with gender issues.
- Several activities focus on women empowerment, e.g. inspirational lecture on Gandhi’s views on Mahila Sashaktikaran.
- Activities that focussed on prevention of gender-based violence included webinars on sexual harassment, violence, child sexual abuse and legal rights.
- Various activities were organized on the theme of Women empowerment including themes such as financial literacy of women.
- Women empowerment by improving education opportunities. The college also ensured that students are engaged in social outreach activities that provide education to children from the lower socio-economic strata.
- Self-Defense training imparts life skills and empowers girls by building the psychological and physical strength needed to defend themselves in difficult situations.
- Two pledge ceremonies have also been organized for college students.
- Several webinars on mental and physical health have been organized by the college.
- Celebrating International Women’s Day and National Girl Child Day to create a world that is more gender equal by turning the spotlight on the achievements of women.
- To cater to issues of menstrual hygiene, the college has a Sanitary Pad Vending Machine (installed by Gautam Gambhir Foundation, 2019-20) and also Sanitary Napkin Incinerating Machine (installed by ONGC, 2017-18 and by NGO, Jain Swetamber Terapanthi, Mahila Mandil in 2019-20).
- Curricular aspects enhance critical thinking regarding women’s issues. The college follows DU syllabi which adopts an inclusive approach wherein concerns related to gender are addressed.
Celebration of days of National/International Commemoration
- Vivekananda College celebrates International Mother Language day on 21st February to promote linguistic and cultural diversity and multilinguilism.
- To commemorate International Mental Health day on October 8, mental health events are organized in the college.
- Vivekananda College celebrated Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav to commemorate 75th year of India’s independence.
- International Women’s Day on 8th March is celebrated in the college every year.
- Teachings of Swami Vivekananda are remembered on the occasion of his birth anniversary,12th January every year and through year-long activities.
- Every year on the occasion of Independence day and Republic day, various cultural programmes are organized in the college.
- World Environment Day on 5th June is celebrated every year in the college to raise awareness about environmental issues among young women students.
- In order to encourage young voters to participate in the political process, College observes National Voters’ Day every year on 25th January.
- Menstrual Hygiene Day, 28th May is celebrated in the college every year to highlight the importance of menstrual care among students.
- World Ozone Day,World Rivers Day, National Unity Day, Vigilance Week, World AIDS Day, National Youth Day, birth anniversary of Subhash Chandra Bose, Road Safety Month, International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking, Shaheedi Diwas, World No Tobacco Day, Yoga Mahotsav were celebrated in the college.