TEDxVivekanandaCollege organized its first event online on 22 January 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on VirCon24. The event 'Spark Within' had a panel of speakers from diverse fields. The guest speakers for day were: Prakriti Prajapati, Ms. Yamini Reddy, Major Vivek Jacob, Pranjal Patil, Mr. Mussarat Hussain, Ms. Ameira Shri Gauranga Das, Ms. Valentina Trivedi, Major Arun Ambathy, and Ms. Laara WilliamSen. The objective was to provide a platform for numerous stories that were discussed and carve an independent and confident path to greatness.
Celebrated अपराजिता 2023. A debate on women's issues was organised and the event was covered by sansad TV and telecasted on 8th March 2023.
Click here to watch the video.
The Department of English has organised three students’ seminars to inculcate academic acumen and develop researching capabilities among students. Two of these were National Students Seminars where students of Ph.d, postgraduate, and undergraduate levels presented papers on an array of areas. The seminars also included resource persons from across India.
RFID Enabled college library is a state of the art library. It keeps implementing various Information Communication Technology tools to provide innovative information services. Some glimpses are:
- Facility of Biometric check-in and book drop kiosk to check out.
- Smart card for digital recording of footfall.
- In-house developed website for various web enabled information services (24 x 7x 365). It is mobile compatible and bilingual.
- Use of web forms and QR codes to facilitate access to varied information services.
- Table of contents of books as well as library subscribed print journals.
- Use of social media tools for information dissemination and current awareness service.
- Internship for content writing for library social media tools.
- Remote access to e-resources to all the patrons (especially during Covid)
- Segregation of print collection through coloured tapes on book spines for easyidentification.
There are many more best practices being used in the library to support and achieve the goals of the college and academic community.