National Service Scheme (NSS) Committee
NSS helps in increasing the sense of social and civic responsibilities among the volunteers and develop competence needed for group-living and sharing of responsibilities. Various events were organized by NSS of Vivekananda College during the session 2021-22. The aim to organize these events is to create awareness among students, understand different challenges and scope as well as discuss different perspectives etc.
- A webinar on "Financial Literacy" with Ms. Shikha Mittal.
- Vraksharopan, Online Awareness Campaign and Pledge was organized under "Van Mahotsav Week" celebrations.
- On "Kargil Vijay Diwas", an online film screening was held.
- A talk session on the topic "Protect Breastfeeding: A shared responsibility" was held.
- "Best out of Waste" was organized under Swachta Pakhwada.
- A webinar on "Alcohol addiction makes people to do terrible things" was conducted with Mr. Suneel Vatsyayan.
- An Essay Writing competition on the occasion of Independence Day was held under "Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav".
- A webinar on "Cancer Prevention and Palliative Care" was conducted to spread awareness about cancer.
- An online debate was conducted on "World Suicide Prevention Day". 1. A workshop on "First-aid Techniques and CPR" with an international speaker Ms. Kim Murray.
- A webinar on "Stand up against Street Harassment with Mr. Salman.
- APoster Making Competition on "World Ozone Day" to create aware about ozone.
- A Talk Session on "Antyodaya Diwas" was conducted under "Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- An online Awareness Campaign was held on "World Environmental Healiti Day.
- A Cleanliness Pledge" was undertaken on the occasion of "Gandhi Jayanti”.
- An online quiz was conducted on "Indian Air Force Day".
- Zreniye 1-a film screening was held on "International Day of Girl Child" .
- Cleanliness Drive, Pledge, Tree Plantation, Plog Run, Tark And Slogan Writing competitions were conducted under Swachta Pakhwada.
- An online survey on Mental Health was conducted to understand how the post pandemic situation affects people especially the students.
- "Thinkpink"- a weeklong series of events on the occasion of "Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- An online quiz on Election Commission was conducted under "Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav .
- Pledge taking ceremony, quiz and Zreniye-3 (Film screening) were organized under Vigilance Awareness week.
- A speech competition on "Religion- A Medium of Unity" was conducted on National Unity Day.
- A "Cloth Donation Drive" was conducted in collaboration with Social Outreach and Community Development Committee.
- Zreniye 4-a Film Screening was held on the occasion of "World Toilet Day".
- A Health Talk was given by Dr. Ridima Kamal on the topic "Eradicate Smokeless Tobacco”.
- A Debate competition was conducted on "International Day for Elimination of Violence against Women".
- An Article writing competition and Zreniye-5- a Film screening was held on "National Constitution Day”.
- Zreniye 6-a Film screening of The Price of Free!" based on the journey of Kailash Satyarthr was held.
- An online quiz was held on "Women's Rights".
- "Parivartan"-5 days' series of events was organized on the occasion of "National Youth Day".
- A financial talk session on "Financial Planning" was given by Ms. Krishna Wadher.
- A Slogan writing competition on "Indian Army Day" was conducted to present a small tribute to our Indian Army.
- "Vartalap-3" was organized on the occasion of "Subhash Chandra Bose Jayanti".
- A group discussion on "Girls & 3E's (Education, Equality & Empowerment)" and a campaign "Selfie with Daughter" were conducted on the occasion of "National Girl Child Day".
- An awareness campaign was held on "National Voters' Day".
- "Liberty for You & Me"-a talk session was held on the occasion of "Republic Day".
- A Poetry competition on the topic "Our Immortal Soldiers" was conducted on "Martyr's Day".
- A health talk on "Mindfulness and Mental Health" was given by Dr. Shambhavi Samir Alve.
- A health talk on Blood Donation was conducted in collaboration with Blood Connect. 1. An Article writing competition was held on "Sarojini Naidu - The Face of Women Empowerment in India".
- A Speech competition was held on "Achieving Social Justice through Formal Employment".
- A Pledge taking ceremony on "World Peace and Understanding Day".
- A PPT Presentation on 17 SDGS (Sustainable Development Goals) on "World Sustainable Development Day".
- A Pledge taking ceremony and Zreniye 6 - a Film screening were held on the "Shaheed Diwas".
- A School supply Drive was conducted wherein donation of books and stationary items took place.
- Anaemia testing camp was held on 28 March, 2022 in collaboration with Dhruv Labs, sponsored by Healthcare Foundation.